That’s a good question. With all the thousands and thousands of blogs on the Internet today, why is another blog on Parenting going to be helpful? Aren’t we just another voice in the forests of websites?
Well, I can think of a few reasons to start with:
- Daniel and I have had over 25 years of counselling and mentoring experiences in this area. We could tell you stories that would make your hair curl …. and stories that would bring tears of laughter. So we are sure you find something of value on this blog.
- We have collected a warehouse full of resources that we would like to share with you. We have personal evaluation worksheets and in-depth series on many of the topics that we need to understand in our world today.
- We have been involved in writing blogs for over 5 years. That takes commitment and perseverance. When things get busy, we still need to ‘feed the blogs’. . One blog you might find helpful on ‘What your Dad didn’t teach you about the Opposite Sex’ is on www.conflictsolutions.mentorsnotebook.com
Susanne: “We find ourselves in a time in history when family structures are changing. The absence of mature ‘father figures’ is especially challenged. As a result of missing Dads, even male culture and thinking is strange and even foreign to our female world. Then, males have trouble understanding the way we females think.
“So what do we, as girls and women learn about how males think? From our distant, absent fathers or thick skinned brothers….? How will society cope with absent males, both emotionally and physically?”
- We have many topics of blogs and new websites coming up. So this is one place to read about all kinds of important info, news, bargains and helpful guides to better living. Here is another one you might want to check out: www.marriage4today.mentorsnotebook.com
- Our society is changing with every new generation ….but some things need to be passed on to the next generation. We can help do that. We need as much shared community and communication as possible to help those struggling with life. Each one of us can make a difference! We want your input to do this too.
- Life isn’t easy and many dreams are shattered along the road to maturity and understanding. Just knowing others have gone through the struggles, the shattered dreams and come up strong can help keep others inspired. We want to do that in a weary, busy-busy world.
- We have some free resources as well as resources we have specially designed for each category we share. So we invite you to help yourself where possible.
- We passionately believe in good parenting! We are shaping the future of our country with these little treasures that have been put into our care. They deserve the best we can give then ….but sometimes that means parents need help. I Susanne, have over 10 years of training and teaching in the areas of Child Development and Health Ed. I want to share this with you!
Come back often and catch the new info. Join our subscription list to receive notices of the next new post. You can email us with comments, suggestions for posts or to say hello on susanne[at]mentorsnotebook.com